Pain in the lower back can make a person totally incapacitated, as well as walk, move and even lie down with the symptom is very troublesome.
This article discusses the possible causes of pain in the lower part of the department of the vertebral column. Describes the manifestation of disease, diagnostic methods and treatment.
The problem painful manifestations of the vertebral column is more relevant to the elderly. But also the doctors, many times, they listen to complaints that the back pain in the lower part of the spine, of younger people.
Pain is an alert about any problems in the body. It is not a disease, it is often the manifestation of one or another pathology. A variety of shock skeleton are the most common causes of pain in the region lombo-sacral.
Causes of pain in the spinal column and symptoms of diseases, causing
Back pain in the lower part of the spine can be the cause of various diseases, back. Amazed can be any structure of the spine, joints, insects, disks, muscles, ligaments, tendons.
Provoking factors of development of diseases are:
- the injury;
- changes related to age;
- a sedentary lifestyle;
- systemic diseases;
- excessive load on the spinal column;
- the excess weight;
- some of the infections.
There are a number of diseases, in which the pain in the lower part of the back expressed in a more intense manner, which violates the life-style of a person.
Table no. 1. Diseases of the vertebral column and its manifestations:
|The disease||The symptoms|
|The disease Ankylosing — chronic inflammatory disease of the spine. Most often develops in the joints pain-sacral column.||The disease develops gradually. The symptoms manifest themselves according to the phase. In the initial phase of the disease occurs virtually asymptomatic. In the morning, pain in the lower part of the spine, there is a minor restriction of mobility. These symptoms pass after the exercise. To the extent that the development of the disease, the symptomatology is enhanced. At the end of the phase, they develop the typical characteristics of the disease, deformation of the spinal column — the position of the applicant (photo).|
|The herniated lumbar spine — a bulging pulpous the kernel from the disk to the outside of the period between the two vertebrae.||The main symptom is a sharp pain in the lower part of the spinal column. It appears due to violation of nerve roots. The pain can give the buttock and a leg. You may experience a decrease in the amplitude of movements, it becomes difficult to squat, climb stairs. Is this a violation of the sensitivity of the skin in an area of destruction worsens the feeling of cold or hot.|
|Pain sacral osteocondrose — degenerative-dystrophic disease of the vertebral column and the intervertebral discs.||The pathology manifests itself with pain in the region of the buttocks, and reduction of tone in the muscles of the calf. This becomes the cause of restrictions of the motor activity training. Patients complain of fatigue, weakness. The pain of the spinal column at the bottom does not allow you to choose a comfortable position for sleeping, so the body cannot rest fully. Increases the sensitivity of the feet, appear the spasm. The skin of the members dry, it flakes.|
In addition to the above diseases, pain in the lower part of the department of spine can cause a disease of the internal organs. Therefore, when you are prompted to pain of symptoms, you should consult in a health facility for diagnosis and subsequent treatment.
Before a treatment, your doctor must find out the reasons that caused pain. Given the difficulty of establishing the diagnosis, are used all the possible methods for the research.
Pre-diagnosis is made at the stage of research and examine the patient. To confirm it, it is necessary to perform a laboratory and instrumental research.
- An analysis of blood, urine, the puncture site of the tissue to bone. The results of the analyses may indicate the presence of an inflammatory process, rheumatoid factor, multiple infections, to increase the level of uric acid.
- The x-ray. X-ray shows the state of the bones of the vertebral column, the presence of osteophytes, the height of the slot joint. Thus, on radiographs, you can see the presence of intervertebral hernias.
- Computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging. The procedures allow to study in detail the vertebral column and bones of the pelvis, the layered look in the nearby soft tissues, to determine the existence of tumor malignancy.
Timely diagnosis allows you to avoid the complications and improve the results of treatment.
What should be the treatment
Treatment pain lumbar-sacral department of the vertebral column depends on its cause, geared to your resolution. The therapy is adjusted individually.
But, in any case, it should be comprehensive:
- the medical therapy;
- physical therapy;
- medicine popular.
When it hurts to the spinal column in the lower part, the need to reduce the load on it. For this, the patient is assigned rest and the use of orthotic devices — corsets, compactors, orthotics, lumbar, and time.
People with excess weight prompted the compliance with a low calorie diet. You must exclude from your diet fatty, fried, dishes, smoked, canned goods, pastries and confectionery.
The disease in the early stages of these succumb to conservative therapy. When running pathologies will need a surgical intervention. Each time more, are minimally invasive, less traumatic, which reduces the period of rehabilitation.
Drug treatment occupies an important place in the correction of pathologies in the skeleton, and leads to the improvement of the health status of the patient with the correct selection of medicines. Medical therapy aims to address the causes and symptoms of the disease, the recovery of the functions of the vertebral column.
The price of medicines can be quite high, but without them it is not possible to achieve positive results.
Virtually all health institutions involved in the treatment of musculoskeletal disorders, offers patients relieve the state with a wide variety of physiotherapy. Physical therapy is considered an effective method, as well as after its application decreases pain and inflammatory processes, improves the circulation and nutrition of articular tissues, accelerates the recovery of the whole organism in general.
- Electrophoresis. Through a galvanic current in the tissue of the spinal column are introduced medicines. If the dose of medication reduced, but this does not detract from their effectiveness.
- Laser therapy. Suspension light beam affects the nerve the back and eliminates the neurological symptoms. Stimulate the recovery of damaged tissues.
- The magnetic therapy. This is the most effective method of treatment of degenerative disc disease lumbar spine. The electromagnetic field of low frequency improves blood flow and restores mobility in the lumbar region.
- The ultra-sound. The ultrasonic waves effectively eliminate the pain and the inflammation. Have an effect moisturizer on the affected area.
The treatment can be continued in spas, where patients are offered all types of therapy baths, the soul, the mud therapy.
Therapy for exercise and for diseases of the lumbar-sacral column is assigned after an evaluation of the patient to the exclusion of related disorders and complicated forms of the disease, which can lead to the deterioration of the health status of the patient.
The patient is given detailed instructions for the execution of the exercises:
- exercise should be regular;
- the pace of implementation of the exercise slow, with constant control-being;
- the exercises are done smoothly, without sudden movements;
- it is not possible to change the intensity and order of exercises;
- classes are closed when reinforced with pain in the lumbar region;
- during breaks, it is useful to hang on a horizontal bar over a minute.
With examples of a complex of exercises you can check out by watching the video in this article.
A person feels an immense discomfort, when it hurts the spinal column in the lower part. Therefore, in the course are any methods of the solution of this pain. Along with the traditional treatment, applied and folk medicine.
There are many, proven by centuries of means to fight with the unpleasant manifestations of diseases of the spine:
- Compress radish black. Rub the root of the plant, squeeze out and mix with the cream. Then place this dough, cover with film and mounted on a cloth of wool. Keep half an hour, avoiding the strong burning sensation.
- Honey rubbing. The lower part of the back intensely the ground honey to the normalization of blood circulation. The procedure is performed before going to sleep.
- The heating dry heat. Made from a bag of thick fabric and fill it with wheat barley, salt, or apricot cherry bones. Heat in oven or microwave oven, and attach the lumbar region.
- The infusion cinquefoil. Root dry cinquefoil medium-sized into the blender and pour half a liter of vodka. Insist month. Take a teaspoon 3 times a day.
The efficiency of the people of revenue been recognized as official medicine. But before you apply them, you should consult with your doctor.
Home remedies for the treatment of back pain, are prepared from natural products
The state, when a person has too much pain in the back, in the lower part of the spinal column, discomfort, and requires immediate medical treatment. Timely provided medical care reduces the risk of developing complications.