The low back pain in English sources call it pain in the lower back (low back pain). The pain often contributes to the tension in the lumbar spine, limitation of motion, and antalgic scoliosis. Acute pain in the lumbar region can last from a few days to several weeks.
The reasons, the frequency and the risk factors for the occurrence of low back pain
Back pain is found nearly all people at least once in their life. It should be noted that the pain can be in any part of the back, but, however, the pain in the lumbar spine occurs most frequently. This is due to the fact that lumbar vertebrae have a maximum weight load of Your body.
Low back pain is second in number of hits to your physician immediately after a viral infections.
You may feel pain in the back after raising the severity, the jerking, after the residence for a long time in the same position or the same after an injury in the spinal column.
Acute pain in the lumbar spine is most often caused by a displacement intervertebral disc, and a lesion in the spinal column.
The causes of low back pain:
- Osteocondrose of the lumbar spine
- Intervertebral disc hernia and protrusion intervertebral disk
- Compression fracture resulting from osteoporosis, multiple myeloma disease, hemangioma of the spine
- A tumor in the lumen of the spinal canal
- Fracture of vertebral column after injury
- Long muscle tension
- Anatomically narrow spinal canal
- The curvature of the spine (scoliosis, kyphosis, kyphoscoliosis, disease President Uia)
- Aneurysm of the aorta
- Rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis,
- Infection of the spine - osteomyelitis, discitis, tuberculosis of the spine
- Pyelonephritis, urolitíase
- Complicated during pregnancy
- Gynecological diseases (endometriosis, ovarian cysts, ovarian cancer and t. d.)
The symptoms of low back pain (pain in the lower back)
The pain can be varied: acute, dull, tAnusha , burning, can be accompanied by tingling and tingling, numbness.
The intensity of low back pain can vary considerably, ranging from weak to ice-cream pain, interfere to make even a small movement. The pain can be combined with pain in the hip, pain in the legs, pain in the foot.
The diagnosis of low back pain
First, You should consult a doctor neurologist. The doctor will ask You questions about the nature of Your pain, the frequency of repeatability. The doctor will try to determine the cause of the pain and begin treatment with simple methods (ice, moderate pain relievers, physiotherapy and exercises).
In most cases, the treatments lead to a reduction of pain in the back. During the physical examination the doctor will determine the exact position of the pain, its irradIACIU, neurological reflexes. The majority of people with pain in the lumbar spine disappears within 4-6 weeks.
The diagnostics includes mris (from the English. MRI) of the lumbar spine, ct scans, lumbar-sacral column, an x-ray of the spinal column.
Because the most common cause of low back pain is Intervertebral hernia lumbar-sacral column, then in the first place, You need to do an mri of the lumbar spine. This study can also help eliminate most causes of starting point of the pain of the syndrome, such as swelling in the lumen of the spinal canal, tuberculosis of vertebral column, fracture of the spine, multiple myeloma disease, anatomically narrow spinal canal, spondylolisthesis, different shape of curvature of the spine, spondylosis and spondroartroses. If Your neurologist has not assigned You to an mri, then do it yourself. The power of an mri machine should be of 1 Tesla and more.
It's not worth to start the diagnosis with x-ray and computed tomography, these methods are safe. They can be made in the first place only when there is suspected fracture of the spine.
Here are some tips on what to do when back pain:
- Reduce physical activity for the first two days after the beginning of the attack. This will help to reduce the symptoms of the disease and swelling in the area of the pain.
- Do not sit with an inclination to the front until the pain completely decreases.
- Take painkillers, just in case of ported pain. It is better to do an intramuscular vaccine, who drink the anesthetic drug. This protects the wall of Your stomach from direct contact with the anti-inflammatory the middle. Try to avoid excess intake IUdикаIUнtasnych of funds. Do not apply to the hormonal treatment means, if the low back pain is not related to an autoimmune disease.
- Sleeping in a fetal position, place a pillow between the legs. If You usually sleep on your back, place a pillow under the knees
- The common confusion is a idea of what You should limit physical activity for a long time. Bed rest is not recommended!!! If You do not have the temperature increase, weight loss, involuntary urination and defecation, so You must stay active as much as you can bear. You can reduce your activity only for the first two days after the occurrence of the pain. Start doing aerobic exercises, light. Walking in the simulator, swimming helps to improve blood flow to the muscles of the back. Talk with your doctor for the selection of exercises, so as to not cause dot gain initial pain of the syndrome.
The majority of people feel much better after the first week of treatment. By 4-6 weeks, most of the patients, the pain disappears completely.
In which cases you should immediately consult your doctor:
- Low back pain combined with pain in the legs and pain in the foot
- The pain does not allow itself, to serve
- The pain combines with incontinence of urine and feces
- The combination of pain in the lower back with numbness in the buttock, thigh, leg, foot, groin area
- If You've ever been the pain in the back before
- If the pain lasts more than 3 days
- If you are taking hormones
- If the low back pain came after the injury
- Previously, he was diagnosed with a cancer
- If You lose weight recently, guenadi