The treatment valgus of the foot of the child with 1 year and a little older that results in favorable agreement with the prediction of the chance to complete the solution of the problem approaches 100%.
Between orthopaedic disease in children change the foot – is the most common pathology. Represents the curvature of the lower limb on the inner side. Develops under the influence of different external and internal factors. Changes the shape of the foot: move an axis, the heel looks outside, the internal surface of the walk — inwards to deform the fingers. When impacted by the knees the distance between лодыжками is 4-5 см.
When later identification, in case of illness in adolescence problems occur with the column. Later started the treatment, the less likely a full recovery.
FACTORS THAT AFFECT THE DEVELOPMENT OF VALGUS OF THE CHILD
The deformation of the foot in children is a congenital abnormality or an acquired pathology. In all cases this is the wrong place to stop in relation to each other. The changes you make with the load you are walking, and falls on the inner surface of the foot. The presence of symptoms in children up to 3 years old, talks about the changes in the phase of pregnancy. The diagnosis is made ортопедом after careful research.
The factors that are decisive for the development of the pathology, are:
- the lack of power;
- diet irregular;
- the lack of vitamins and minerals in the body (deficiency of calcium and/or vitamin D), which leads to the fragility and the softness of the bone tissue;
- early вставание the child's foot;
- wrong sober and shoes;
- frequent acute respiratory infections;
- injuries of the ankle joint;
- long immobility of the lower limbs due to the location in the cast.
If the child begins early to walk (up to 1 year) or that their force parents, in many cases, the stop is deformed. At an early age, is the formation of ligaments, which often are not ready for the load.
THE CAUSE OF EDUCATION VALGUS OF THE FOOT
Congenital anomalies of bone development and muscle of the instrument children — strain, which develop during the pregnancy of their mother, and manifest themselves after birth. The degree of curvature in the case of innate valgus very pronounced. This is related with a variety of malformations of the individual elements of the musculoskeletal system chromosomal abnormalities genes or chromosomes. Violation occurs location of the bones of the foot and its shape in the womb. Деформирование stop manifests itself already in the first months after the appearance of the baby to light.
An example of genetic tampering is the syndrome of Edwards – the abnormality of a particular chromosome, in which meets heavy the degree of curvature from the foot of the baby – stop-rocking chair.
Other causes: the innate valgus of the foot of the child still refers to a series of pathologies, which are diagnosed from the first weeks of life:
- in 80% of cases, the dysplasia of the connective tissue, with innate a hip injury;
- cerebral palsy;
- poliomyelitis and other infections of the central nervous system;
- neuropathy – pathology of the peripheral nerves.
Purchased shape — a result of the impact of one or more of the factors already after birth of the baby. Initially, the main reason — weak apparatus of the foot, from then occurs a violation of their correct position. This condition is diagnosed in the first days after the birth of the baby. For the development of the pathology can influence:
- недоношенность or the birth with a little bit of mass of the body;
- the excess weight of the child;
- эндокринная pathology (diabetes, hypothyroidism);
- metabolism disorders (osteoporosis, disorders of fat metabolism and carbohydrate metabolism).
THE VISIBLE SIGNS OF PATHOLOGY
The pain in the legs at the end of the day – the most frequent complaint of the child, when the deformation of the foot. Objectively pathology manifests the following general features:
- unstable walking, the walk from one side to the other;
- education on the soles of calluses;
- constantly dozens produced with the fingers;
- difficulties when you try to put the heel together.
Defines three types of disease:
- Cross — extension the department of the foot, with the sharp tension of the muscles and tendons, which are responsible for be reached the full extension of the fingers. This causes the pain of a child.
- Longitudinal — is manifested the change of gait, the form of the foot (when the palpation a sharp pain), fatigue of a long period of encounter in the legs because of discomfort and pain.
Develop mainly two types of deformation of the foot:
- X-form (direct compressed, of knees, the distance between the inner faces between the ankles more than 5 cm, standing like that, looking to the outside);
- varus – Of-way.
THE DEGREE OF DEVELOPMENT AND SEVERITY OF THE DISEASE
Distinguish four stages of development of the pathology:
- I — a mild form of the disease — characterized the deformity of the foot not more than 15°, it is treated well;
- Phase II — bend up to 20°, applies the therapeutic treatment;
- Grade III — deformation of up to 30°, require prolonged intensive therapy;
- Stage IV — heavy – deviation from the norm is over 30°.
PATHOLOGY OF THE LARGE TOE OF THE FOOT
The deformity of the great toe in children can be independent of pathology. The curvature of the first finger depends on the negligence of the pathology. Correction of the bone is performed with the application:
- physiotherapy treatment;
- installation of orthotics;
- the operating of the method.
WHAT ARE AND HOW TO TREAT IT?
Correction changes stop in children involves the recovery of a normal state of joints, muscles and ligaments of the feet. The goal of treatment — the possibility of walking without pain and discomfort. Therapy must be comprehensive. For the treatment of valgus of the foot of the child to be used are:
- an alternative method (osteopathy) – allows you to heal virtually any, in addition to genetically guests, pathology).
- of medication;
Medicines for X-figurative violation of the lower limbs are applied to relieve the inflammation and the relief of pain in the joints. The reception of NSAIDS (anti-inflammatory not steroids) or GCS is assigned to symptomatic objective. They act soon, they are dangerous for the children of the body of side effects.
THE NEW TECHNIQUES
The modern method of treatment is the kinesiotherapy — if the innovative technique of treatment and prevention of diseases of the musculoskeletal system. In its basis – the impact on the muscles with the help of special tape – kinesiotherapy. The method name formed from two words: "kinesiot" means the movement, "teips" – in fact the tape. Is imposing special tape of elastic material in the adhesive base, not from the author of the allergy. The method teips developed a few years ago, the japanese medical Kenzo Home for the treatment of sports injuries. It was later adopted. Kinesiotherapy when valgus foot in children is widely applied in the last hour. This is the security technique is the following: where there are no limitation of motion, the discomfort, if you do not have allergy.
The fabric from which it is manufactured teips:
- it has the structure of fibers;
- well leaves the air;
- does not retain the sweat;
- does not cause pain or discomfort;
- not сковывает movements;
- not afraid of water – you can swim, do not remove the tape.
Correct наклеивание teips speeds up the recovery of joints, ligaments and muscles, without the use of medication, may stop the progression of pathological changes. This secure method promotes:
- the cessation of the pain;
- prevent further progression of the disease;
- the complete healing.
- teips overlaps only clean dry skin;
- for longer periods of operation kinesiotype has their edges to make round;
- after placing the teips ground, activating it.
THE ACTION OF MASSAGE
When smooth arch of the foot is changed from the muscle tissue, which leads to interruption of the blood circulation and, ultimately, to the development of irreversible processes. Thus, the massage is a necessary part of treatment. This is one of the physical therapy techniques of exposure. Special skill for its execution, it is not necessary, therefore, you can do at home. The course is 10 sessions, when required, it is recommended to repeat every 3-4 months. The total time of realization of a session is 20 to 30 minutes. Start with the general massage – baby in the lying position on the stomach with the arms extended along the body with the hands and turned aside the head. The movement and pressure of the hands should cause pain.
The child massage:
- the backrest;
- the lumbar region;
- the muscles and the joints of the feet, feet.
Use one of the following methods:
- a pat;
- blows with the back of the palm;
The application of massage must:
- troubleshoot an increase of the tonus of the muscles of the foot and of the leg;
- help get rid of excess tension;
- to strengthen the weak muscles, which contributes to the correct functioning of the entire muscle of the instrument;
- to improve the blood flow to the muscles, ligaments, bones – that reinforces its power, normalizes the growth and development of the lower limbs;
- the healing of pathology in the early stages.
For the child under the age of 2 weeks, this way are solved the most serious problems of health, including dysplasia of the hip joints. In this case, it applies to structural therapy is especially designed techniques to map and vibration, massage. With your help, that is redistributed to the load on the joints. A result of the impact – the improvement of the vascularization and the disappearance of headaches.
The application of physical therapy when valgus foot in children allows for the correction of disorders in the joints and cure the disease in the early stages. Are widely used:
- anklets of the bath;
- wrap stop wax;
- electrophoresis with the application of calcium;
- amplipulse therapy(impact on the body синусоидальными currents, вырабатываемыми apparatus Amplipulse);
- wearing the correct footwear;
- medicinal bathing;
- the magnetic therapy.
PLEASANT AND USEFUL GYMNASTICS
In the initial stages of deformation of the child's foot is treated perform special exercises. Its regular use helps to correct almost all the disorders in the joints. For this, the elements of curative gymnastics, which you need to perform on a daily basis. The assignment of a course of therapy through the exercise individually, depends on the characteristics of the deformation. Are included in the in-game items, so that the child can perform the items of a certain number of times.
Daily, you must:
- to walk in the tip and the heels (first with bumps, and then compressed with the fingers of the feet) for 5 minutes;
- compress and разжимать the toes of the feet, sitting on the floor with the arms extended feet;
- raise the ground and small objects;
- walking barefoot on uneven surfaces (which is possible to do in the house of stones) in the outer edge of the foot;
- roll the feet with a roller or a small ball of wood;
- rotate the feet from left to right and vice-versa;
- squat without the detachment of the stop from the floor.
The child must:
- the walk through the narrow path – to make a house made of fabric or just a tie;
- riding the curb on the street, in the summer of bare feet on the earth, the sand, in the grass.
THE CORRECT SHOES IN THE TREATMENT IS VERY IMPORTANT
Wrong sober, and shoes with the passage of time can deform the foot and can distort the big toe of the foot. Quality footwear contributes to the normal development of the muscles of the foot. When you need to consider:
- accordance with the size of the foot, convenience and comfort;
- the manufacture of natural materials;
- the lack of acute noses and high-heeled shoes for the teenager.
Correct the shoe should have a closed hard heel, супинатор. Is not allowed the long-term for a good fixed price without any jumping.
For the treatment of the foot are recommended special orthopedic devices:
TO WALK OR NOT TO WALK BAREFOOT?
The best prevention of problems with charts — the walk with the bare feet. This should be done not only by a flat surface (the floor of the apartment), but and in rough terrain. If not there is a possibility of the child running through the land, grass and several collisions, the alternative is the Swedish wall, which parents can purchase and assemble the baby room of the child. It works all the muscles and ligaments of the foot when you climb for it. You are recommended to walk barefoot mats children with convex items that you can buy in the store or child ортопедическом lounge.
WHEN IT IS NECESSARY TO SURGICAL TREATMENT?
The treatment of bending the foot in childhood is carried out conservative. It is a radical change of intervention, apply in the absence of the effect of the treatment carried out in older children, when the base of the musculoskeletal system is already formed, there is no active growth ligaments. Correction surgery consists of several operational stages of the interventions and a long period of rehabilitation, held on the fourth initial stage of the disease, when:
- severe pain in the stop worries constantly;
- develops the rigidity (stiffness) of the joint.
Types of immediate intervention too. By this, the operation predicted based on the degree of disease of the foot, the presence of the deviation angle members.
THE POSSIBLE CONSEQUENCES OF VALGUS FOOT IN CHILDREN
Patients of the foot lead to a change in the whole unit musculoskeletal. This is related to load balancing problems. Occurs:
- shortening or deformation of the feet;
- the scoliosis in different departments of vertebral column.
- change the gait;
- become impossible of physical activities (running, games assets), due to the pain and inflammation in the joints.