There are certain recommendations orthopedic about the choice of beds, mattresses and pillows. They need to be comfortable and not cause deformation of the spine during the night's rest. It is better to buy special orthopedic mattresses and pillows.
This article teaches you not only why the pain in the back after a good night's sleep, but are also given practical guidance to the orthopedist about how to organize your sleeping space for the rest. also available is a list of the most common diseases of the musculoskeletal system, in which occur these symptoms. You will learn on this page about what they should do, so that we can diagnose a disease and what type of doctor should ask for the realization of safety and efficacy of the treatment.
The causes of physiological of pain in the back during the night
All causes of back pain during the night, can be classified into physiological and pathological. The first group includes all the changes that occur with the tissues of the body during the night sleep, under the influence of the heat of the hormone melatonin.
This substance is allocated to the epiphysis, which is responsible for regulation biological circadian rhythms of the human body. He begins to be developed and be noted in the blood only at a certain time of the day (which is the interval between 21:00 and 23:00 hours (local time). For their successful products is necessary in the total darkness. if you are used to sleep, and before a connected television, neither of which the full night, holiday speech can not go. Before the shimmering of the tv, tablet, notebook or smartphone on the production of the hormone melatonin that does not happen.
This substance is responsible for several processes in the human body:
- for the day work the muscles of the skeleton of the back, builds up a huge amount of metabolites of lactic acid because of its elimination responds to the melatonin;
- to restore the intervertebral disc is necessary to rest, not only of the muscles, but, and longitudinal ligaments, they also beneficial to the effects of the melatonin;
- this substance also stabilizes the nerve fiber, it begins to perform the pulse more soft, slow motion;
- starts the process of muscle relaxation and relaxation;
- has a stabilizing effect on the respiratory and cardiovascular system;
- includes a mechanism of activation "areas for regeneration", due to the launch of the process for the production of growth hormone, growth hormone (he is involved in the process of recovery of all corrupted per day tissues of the body on a cellular level).
All of these mechanism directed to night during the sleep, the human body is completely restored, made its energy balance and got rid of the accumulation of products of cellular decay.
The causes of the physiological onset of back pain during the night factors that prevent the normal escape of all these processes. These aspects of negative influence, such as:
- wrong organized the venue for the night's sleep;
- sleep when the light or in front of the tv;
- inconvenient posture to sleep;
- the close night clothes;
- insomnia and increase your factors (for example, frequent urination);
- food intake just before the waste to the bed.
It is important, before going to sleep, to ventilate the premise is to make every day the same rituals (washing, dressing the pajamas, brushing teeth, and t. d.). All of this helps to prepare the body and the epiphysis the secretion of melatonin, and the full recovery process of the entire body.
If the uneasy sleep, the muscles do not relax, and of them are not the lactic acid and metabolites. Respectively, in the morning, after waking up can be felt his pain, tension, stiffness of movements.
After a night of sleep, back pain: pathological causes
And now, consider the pathological causes of back pain after a sleep, what kind of diseases can cause this symptom. let's start with excursion in anatomy. Then, back it is the symbol of the phase of the body. It includes htNicolau the neck area, the thoracic cavity, the lumbar and the sacrum.
Your spinal column is a reference of a mechanism consisting of the vertebral bodies and share their depreciation intervertebral disc. The integrity, the stability and flexibility of the spine provides ligamentous apparatus. The power and the blood supply to the intervertebral discs provides the muscle structure of the back. He is also responsible for the practice of all the movements.
The ribs form the rib cage, within which is securely hidden vital organs (heart and lungs). Breathing is ensured through the work intercostal muscle. Its innervation is through branches of the radicular nerves.
If the pain in the back after a good night's sleep, the causes may include the following diseases of the musculoskeletal system:
- the disease Ankylosing or spondylitis (inflammatory or a degenerative disease, which mainly affects male individuals, is manifested in the initial stages of pain in the early hours of the morning);
- the curvature of the vertebral column in the cervical region, the thoracic, lumbar departments (kyphoscoliosis, scoliosis );
- osteocondrose and its complications is that the disease causes more than 80 % of back pain after a night's sleep;
- the instability of the position of the bodies of the vertebrae (during the night, muscle relaxation framework relaxes the back and the vertebrae begin to change, that, after waking up, gives express the pain that is caused);
- spondroartroses and other pathologies of the spinal column;
- the weakness and dystrophy intercostal muscle (often this condition is observed in individuals a long time were in the icu of the ventilation unit).
There are other reasons, because, after a night's sleep with back pain – are they related with the defeat of the nerve fiber and the muscle tissue. This can be the following pathological state:
- endocrine pathology, causing the accumulation of metabolites in the muscle tissue;
- the failure of the blood supply leads to partial of muscular dystrophy;
- radicular syndrome of violation of the nerves causes the appearance of symptoms of intercostal neuralgia;
- infection by some types of virus and bacteria causes the development of inflammation in the nerve terminals (e.g., tinea versicolor, which is called the herpes virus).
The injury, disease of the internal organs (pneumonia, pleural effusion, tuberculosis, hernia of the diaphragm), the increase of physical activities – all can cause pain in the back during night's sleep.
Pain the muscles of the back in the morning, after sleep – diagnostic
The diagnosis of diseases is the only sure path to recovery through the correct use of a prescribed treatment. In nature there is not a universal remedy against any kind of pain. Pharmacological drug from a group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs also do not resolve the pain itself, they clean up the inflammation. And powerful analgesic drugs source simply "turn off" the mind of the patient, preventing him from recognizing the signs of the disaster, entering the brain of the foci of tissue damage.
Back pain after a night's sleep is a sign of problems, the evolution of the disease. It is necessary to conduct a comprehensive diagnosis and identify the pathological changes.
All of these exams can assign a medical family therapist. If the pathology of the internal organs will be excluded, it is necessary to perform an examination of the spinal column. Lock the main location of the pain. Try to more precisely recognize, in which country hurt the muscles of the back after a good night's sleep, and in which department of the spine is manifested in its greater stiffness. Then, you need to make a radiographic examination snapshot of the department of different projections. It will eliminate most of the pathologies of the vertebral column and the intervertebral disc.
What do you do if, after you sleep with a back pain
The first thing that I do, if after you sleep with a back pain, it is do a review of your bed. it should be organized according to the modern requirements of ergonomics and hygiene care. Here are just some of the recommendations of a doctor, an orthopedist of the organization of the space for the night's sleep:
- this should be a room with black-out curtains and theses, and sources of electromagnetic radiation (tvs, screens and monitors);
- the bed should have exalted the head of the bed;
- the pillow should be elastic and not very high, the best rectangular shape;
- the bed linen should be made from natural materials.
The second action – a visit to a doctor is an orthopedist. The expert will help in the early stages of revealing dangerous pathology (osteocondrose, scoliosis, hernia, the disease Ankylosing and t. d.).
The third is to develop pointed out by dr. treatment immediately. There is no regulation of the treatment of pain in the back after a good night's sleep, because it is not independent of a disease, but only the clinical symptom, which can be a large number of diseases. And treatment of all these pathologies can be very different.
Therefore, look for ways to solve her problem on the internet is not only useless, but also dangerous. It is much more productive to spend 30 minutes of your time, to visit an orthopedic doctor at our clinic, manual therapy and figure out the exact cause of pain in the back after a good night's sleep.