When a doctor makes a diagnosis - cervical osteochondrosis, the symptoms of treatment are interrelated. This is because the disease is considered complex and multi-tiered, these symptoms or symptoms will not only tell about the stage of the disease, but also what is actually the extent, the vital areas of the body affected.
Symptoms of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
- When the nerve endings from the spinal space are compressed, the symptoms take on a distinctive feature. Pain in the neck, arms, and throat develops, and this pain can be immediately reflected in other areas, such as the back. Breathing and swallowing may be difficult and the tongue may feel numb or "swollen". Noise is heard in the ears and shooting pain is possible, vision is "blurred" and "dark" in the eyes. A person begins to experience severe malaise, which affects various organs, may be severe feelings of fatigue and apathy, there is a desire to lie down and rest. There is usually no relief after rest.
- The vertebral artery loses its ability to fully feed the brain. This threatens the onset of headaches (persistent or periodic), loss of coordination while walking, dizziness and loss of consciousness. In addition, disorders in the form of confusion, hallucinations and mental disorders are possible. A person at some point may feel happy, and after doing physical exertion, he experiences these symptoms.
- In the event of circulatory disorders, hypertension, tachycardia and spinal stroke occur. Vegeto-vascular dystonia with clogged ducts and arrhythmias will be observed until osteochondrosis is completely cured.
- Levels of intracranial pressure increase, and symptoms such as a feeling of "swelling" of the head due to severe pain, weakness and vomiting, dizziness and sharp damage occur.
Treatment of cervical osteochondrosis
A person who has experienced symptoms of neck osteochondrosis in the form of pain and stiffness of movement can quickly relieve his condition. Painkillers must be taken. Ointment will have an effective effect, it saves expenses. Taking painkillers, you must adhere to the dosage and contraindications.
After relieving the patient's condition, he should see a doctor. We must not forget that analgesics can only hide the symptoms, but do not get rid of the disease. Separately, it should be noted that for pain reflected from the neck to the back, arms and legs, the ointment is applied exclusively to the neck. But even if a person does not go to the doctor, he can not know the exact diagnosis. And he tried to "treat" it all at once, only to achieve the effect of allergies.
Treatment is prescribed only after a complete examination and diagnosis. This aims to improve blood circulation in the affected area, relieve swelling and tension, and relieve pain. For this, analgesics are used in the form of ointments or injections (antispasmodics).
Important!You need to take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, chondroprotectors and vitamins B 6 and B 12.
Vasodilator drugs work in different ways. This is a neurotropic drug that acts to reduce nerve and myotropic impulses, which act on the muscle itself. As a result of their action, the tone of the blood vessel wall decreases and its lumen becomes larger, which increases blood flow to the brain.
Physiotherapy procedures will help relieve pain and relieve the patient's condition. In this disease, the procedures of electrophoresis, paraffin and water, magnetotherapy, ultrasound and ultraviolet irradiation are successfully used. Massage (not strong) and recovery gymnastics (normal) have proven themselves well. Wearing a special medical collar will help support your head and neck.
Alternative, and in other cases in addition to treatment, is special gymnastics.
Folk remedies to get rid of disease
- Gently massage with warm honey. You need to rub it carefully, then wrap it around the neck and make it a honey heater.
- Rub with a compound that warms the sore spot. They can be alcohol-based - infusion of pepper, garlic, you can use the application of fresh parts of this crop (carrots, onions, carrots are also suitable).
- Warm pine bath. Decoction of 0. 5 kg is being prepared. needles and 2 liters. air. This bath is taken in half an hour.
It is necessary to closely monitor the body's allergic reaction to the ingredients used and remember that this medicine can reduce but not cure the disease.
Someone who has a problem with the spine on the cervical spine should always take the time to this area to start moving completely back and not face this problem in the future.
Talking about the prevention of cervical osteochondrosis, it should be noted:
- importance of diet - foods should be rich in calcium and magnesium (dairy and fish products, legumes and grains) and vitamins.
- The need to spend time to maintain the physical shape of the body (swimming is very useful), then the corset of the neck muscles will be strong enough and will reduce the load on the spine.
- The importance of excluding (or reducing influence) from your life from the factors that provoke cervical osteochondrosis. Symptoms and treatment are unpleasant and lengthy, and prevention is quite simple and easy.