Eternal love and blessings, angelic called the lower division of the vertebral column, formed by 4-5 underdeveloped accrete the vertebrae. Once these vertebrae have served as a mainstay tail of ancestors of a person, and now coccyx – rudimentary, unnecessary to the body. However, this rudimentary structure injury and several illnesses can cause a person to serious pain and inconvenience: it is usually not possible to sit and walk, even to sleep it is difficult to find a comfortable position.
Many times, the patient, even to himself can not determine the exact location of the pain, and complains to your doctor about the pain in the area of the tailbone (this pain is called anorectal). The pain in fact the coccyx is called coccyalgia.
Practitioners must resolve, is caused by a pain of illnesses and injuries in truth, the coccyx, or even the pain coming from other organs (intestines, bones of the pelvis, organs, urinary and, simply, "give", in the coccyx. From the solution of the problem depends on and treatment.
Causes of pain in the coccyx
- The trauma.
- Diseases of the spinal column around the impact and the coccyx (osteocondrose, the displacement of the intervertebral disc, infringement of nerve endings and Dr).
- Diseases of the muscles and nerves of the pelvic floor.
- Pathological processes in the bones of the pelvis.
- Diseases of the rectum or of the sigmoid colon (hemorrhoids, sigmoid, proctitis, the crack is straight).
- Tilting the perineum (for example, due to heavy birth).
- Injury to the perineum during childbirth (hemorrhage, subcutaneous-subcutaneous adipose, the coccyx).
- Excess of reach the full extension of the coccyx to the heavy labor.
- Scar strain the anus, have emerged as a complication of the surgery.
- The illegal activity of the intestine, leading to frequent constipation or diarrhea and, therefore, the habit of sitting a long time in the bathroom.
- Diseases of the organs of the urinary system (cystitis, adnexitis, and Dr.).
- Cyst of the coccyx.
- The habit of constantly sitting on the furniture.
- Emotional crisis, stress.
- Tight clothes (jeans), exerts a pressure on the tailbone.
- Idiopathic pain (pain of uncertain origin). These pains may suddenly appear and suddenly disappear. About 1/3 of all the pains in the coccyx applies to idiopathic.
The characteristic of pain in the coccyx in a number of diseases
Pain after injury
Injury most often causes strong, strong, a pain in the coccyx. Trauma to the coccyx (fracture, fracture, contusion, dislocation, displacement), a failure may occur from a fall or blow on the region of the buttocks. The pain after the injury may be of such a crisis, or be a constant. When the foot and in a seated position, it intensifies. Location pain post-traumatic diverse: in the heart of the tailbone or around it (above, below, beside).
Typically, it is a pain in the area of the coccyx occur immediately after the injury. But, in some cases, it can be a little sharp and quickly passing, and after a few years, when the patient had and forgot about the injury, suddenly, appear a strong, burning pain.
The pain in the coccyx, combined with pain in the lumbar, sacrum
When osteocondrose, cyst of the spine, in the lumbar or sacral department is characterized by a combination of pain in the coccyx, with back pain, the sacrum. When you do this, the main patient complaint of pain in the back, and along the way– that the pain "gives" in the coccyx.
Is the same clinical picture is marked when the infringement of nerve endings in the lumbar and sacral departments of the vertebral column. Violation of the sciatic nerve (sciatica), accompanied by burning, a twinge of pain in the tailbone or above it.
Lumbar and sacral pain accompanied by pain in the coccyx also with hemorrhoids, diseases of the rectum.
The pain in the coccyx, when it raises
Such pain is unusual in injury to the coccyx. More often than not they are related to the post-operative scars in the groin, or with points in the pelvic cavity posterior generated after the operation.
The pain in the coccyx when tilted
Pain when slopes are usually the result of a chronic inflammatory disease processes in organs located near the coccyx (in the intestine or the bladder, the uterus and its appendages).
The pain in the coccyx when tilted occur when the patient has the following diseases:
- the sigmoid;
- dysmenorrhea and Dr.
Pain, giving in the coccyx
As already mentioned, the pain, the giving in the coccyx, which are characteristic of degenerative disc disease, cysts of the spine, as well as for hemorrhoids, inflammatory processes in the joints of the hip, diseases of the rectum and Dr. This type of pain can cause scarring and post-surgical.
Pain in coccyx, when sitting
The reason for such headaches is the habit of constantly sitting on the furniture. The coccyx when this is in the wrong position. Vessels that supply your blood, arise stagnation of the phenomenon. This leads to the deposition of salts in the vertebrae form the coccyx, and the occurrence of headaches.
Pain in coccyx when sitting and complaining athletes – cyclists and persons involved in horse riding. They have no reason pain other: microtrauma the coccyx, occur when these specific classes of sports.
The pain in the coccyx when sitting-if possible, for women after childbirth occurred when the strain in the (excess to be reached the full extension of your intervertebral joints).
Finally, the pain in the coccyx, increasing sitting, first, to dermoid cysts tailbone. Dermoid cyst is a congenital anomaly of development, consists in the education within the coccyx the cavity is filled with dermal tissue with hair.
Aching and pulling pain in the coccyx
Nagging pain in the coccyx can occur if you have an inflammation of internal genitals (when the prostatitis or prostatic hypertrophy in men, and if you have an inflammation of the ovaries and fallopian tubes for women).
Pulling pain in the coccyx is a symptom of a degenerative disc disease lumbar or sacral and departments of the spinal column. Sometimes, it occurs when the hemorrhoids, as well as to the duty to sit on a toilet in connection with the frequent constipation.
Pain of everlasting love and blessings, angelic under
The pain of this type occur when prolapse the groin, if you have post-operative scar in the area of the anus, diseases of the rectum. Are characterized by pain under the eternal love and blessings, angelic, and to the injury (fracture, injury, vertebral subluxation' the coccyx), which occurred some years ago.
Pain above the tailbone
The sensation of pain, which is located above the coccyx, are characteristic of neuralgia' (inflammation of the nerves that come out of a lumbar or sacral, and the departments of the vertebral column).
The pain in the coccyx-to-month
These pains may accompany many gynaecological and neurological diseases. It will be convenient to start with the search to consult a gynecologist and, only excluding gynecological pathology, consult a neurologist.
The pain in the tailbone during pregnancy and after childbirth
In pregnant women, many times, painful on the tailbone. The pain in the coccyx when pregnancy can have several causes:
- Trauma to the coccyx, which occurred a few years ago and not recovered.
- Lack of calcium from the bone to the system.
- Inflammatory disease of internal genitals.
- Physiological changes in the body: the preparation for the generic activities of the organs of the pelvis, altering its normal position. The fruit grows, the uterus increases, shifting bodies, side-by-side. The coccyx when this deviates to the back. And, as the vertebrae coccyx-spliced to each other, such a deviation is very painful.
The pain in the coccyx after childbirth say to a gynecologist, which occurred the birth trauma: heavy birth caused bleeding in the soft tissues that surround the bone of the tail, or the same happened to its excessive use full extension is achieved (this is possible when the scale of the fetus).
The pain in the coccyx for men
In men the pain in the coccyx can be caused by the so-called "pellentesque disease". Disease this occurs when frequent walking unsprung public (trails of tractors, in the army, in tanks, armored vehicles). The load on the tail bone to the floor of such technology excessive. It can become the cause of the inflammation coccygeal course, or of cysts of the coccyx. This course, or a cyst, represents a hollow tube that extends under the skin of the extremity of the coccyx, and followed blindly.
Inflammation coccygeal course and is called "pellentesque disease". If the inflammation goes into the purulent stage, the more likely it is formed of fistula – pus erupts out. The treatment is only surgical.
How to treat pain in the coccyx
A preliminary survey
For the effective treatment of pain in the coccyx it is important to correctly define the cause. The patient with these headaches should first consult a proctologist. This expert, if necessary, refers the patient (the patient) to a gynaecologist, neurologist, surgeon, osteopath. Sometimes you need the help of a therapist.
Each of these doctors not only see patients, but is also very detail that is to come. The patient should be ready to tell in details about the nature of pain, its location, remember previous injuries and transferred them to the operational intervention.
Has a part of the patients with pain in the coccyx a diagnosis do I need to install is not possible. Then apply symptomatic treatment, and in most cases, leads to good results. Sometimes, pain in the coccyx performed by itself, without treatment. But I hope that this does not need to - when such pain, call your doctor.
The main aspects of the treatment
In most cases, the pain in the coccyx treat of methods of conservative (t. e. no surgery). The full treatment includes providing a patient rest, analgesia medикandmentonзnыmи means of recovery interrupted circulation through massage, manual therapy, physiotherapy, exercises of curative physical education.
All identified co-morbidities are non-refundable compulsory treatment.
For the removal or attenuation of negative emotions, apply (after consulting with the therapist) neuropsychotropic drugs.
Any help you can get to the doctors just to relieve coccyx pain in pregnancy. Anti-inflammatory and analgesic medicine for pregnant women are contraindicated. PentgenonlongичeSkye diagnosis are also excluded. Therefore, women have to tolerate the pain in the coccyx, by placing under his pillow the soft or rubber balloon circle in the shape of a donut (sold in pharmacies).
Sitting in such a circle it is recommended not only for pregnant women, but also for all patients with pain such location. Is neChitRhoe the device eliminates the burden and pressure on the tail bone during seating, thereby reducing the feeling of comfort.
Chiropractic, massage, acupuncture
The pain in the coccyx greatly facilitated with the examination of muscle massage of the rectum and massage the muscles of the pelvic floor (if you have a spasm).
Techniques of manual therapy, performed by an experienced technician, improve the circulation of blood in the area of the coccyx, to eliminate the stagnation of blood, relieve the muscle spasm and help to recover the amount of movement of the coccyx.
Acupuncture (acupuncture) is often applied to relieve coccyx pain significantly, decreasing their intensity. The right choice of the points biologically active to acupuncture can completely remove the pain.
From the techniques of physiotherapy to relieve pain in the coccyx apply:
- treatment of ultra;
- electrotherapy (electrode is inserted in the rectum);
- diadиnandmичeskie current;
- appliques with paraffin;
- the therapeutic mud;
Practicing physical exercises, run the morning exercises a man with pain in the coccyx, it is not only possible, but necessary. With some limitations: from exercises must be deleted to run, jump, walk fast, sharp inprobus movement, nandtуWивandnиe.
Gym to relieve coccyx pain should include the following exercises:
- Lying on his back on the floor, bend your knees and slide your fingers apart from one another. Place the palm of the hands on the inner side joints of the knee. Trying to connect his knees, simultaneously, to contrast with the hands in this movement.The number of attempts – from 8 to 12 times in very short intervals (10 to 15 s.).
- In the same position tighten between his knees bent the ball (football, volleyball, or another of the same size). The palm of your hands to put on the belly. With a force to compress the knees to ball in the period of 5 to 7 seconds, simultaneously with the palms of the hands preventing protrusion of the belly.The number of attempts from 6 to 8 times with the same intervals for rest, as in the first exercise.
- Lying on your back, hold the ball between the feet выppяmlennых feet. With a force to compress the ball stops in a period of 5 to 7 seconds. The number of attempts from 6 to 8 times; line spacing – 10 to 15 seconds.
- Lying on his back, diluting in the side, knees bent, and lift the pelvis for 3-5 seconds. The buttocks should reflect. The number of attempts from 6 to 8 times; line spacing – 10 to 15 seconds.
All exercises to relieve pain in the coccyx, the patient should carry out, without hurry, quiet, rhythmically, resting between the repetitions of the exercises. You can include quiet music. For best efficiency it is recommended to do exercises twice a day.
Coccyx pain folk medicine uses the following tools:
- The impact of a magnet: circular magnet moves on the coccyx in a circle, in a clockwise direction, for 15 to 20 minutes, 2-3 times per day.
- The compress with the tincture of valerian: a piece of cotton cloth moisten APteчnonй tincture of valerian, to put on the wound. Top cover with a piece of polyethylene, then any type of hot glue (fleece, scarf, and t. d.). Attach a compress leйкonplandсtcheeseem and leave it overnight.
- TICtPSBse oil rub in the area of the coccyx, 3 times a day. Promotes the removal of inflammation and reduces the pain.
- The lubrication of iodine: at night, before bed, pre-heated area of the coccyx lubricate the tincture of iodine and the heat UCUtandtü. Repeat more often than 2 to 3 times per week. The duration of treatment – 1.5-2 months.
- The compress of clay-blue: add 500 gr. clay a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, mix. Before bed, apply a layer of this mixture in a wound, cover it with polyethylene, to isolate (like any pad) and leave it overnight.
- Grinding juice of radish: mix 300 ml of SVeWeontWandtongon juice of radish, 100 ml of alcohol and 200 ml of honey. Rub in the wound, 3 times a day. Store the mixture in the fridge, in a glass bottle with the cap securely closed.
- Ointment mymue (when pepelonme the coccyx): 1/2 gr. mymue mix with the number of rose oil, in order to form a paste to the consistency of thick cream. Rub in the area of the tailbone 2 times a day.