About 80% of middle-aged people have back problems. The most common spinal disease in medical practice is cervical osteochondrosis.
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is associated with deformation of the vertebral and intervertebral discs, caused by destructive processes in bone and cartilage tissue. The development of the disease is facilitated by lack of physical activity, or vice versa - muscle overload, habit of often taking the wrong body position, hypothermia, physical inactivity, problems with body posture, sleep in uncomfortable beds and a number of hereditary factors. The immediate cause of this disease is an increase in salt levels in the blood lymph, which in turn leads to changes in the amortization of the spine, loss of cartilage elasticity. Problems with the cervical spine can occur with obesity and metabolic disorders, which cause an imbalance of mineral compounds in bone tissue.
It is better to entrust the diagnosis and treatment process of this disease to a specialist in medicine, but in the early stages of the manifestation of this disease, you can try the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis at home.
Manifestations of cervical osteochondrosis
Symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis most often occur at a stage when the structural changes of the vertebrae are irreversible and the physiological function of the intervertebral disc is lost. The space between them decreases, nerve roots and vertebral arteries passing through the cervical spine are compressed, sensitivity and unpleasant symptomatic features appear.
Signs of illness to watch out for:
- Pain in neck, shoulders and forearms, arms.
- Vertigo condition.
- Noise in my head.
- Numbness in the upper limbs.
- Burns in the posterior interscapular.
- Blood pressure increases.
- Feeling weak, increased fatigue.
- Heart rate abnormalities.
- Limited movement when turning the head, tilting the neck.
- Hearing and vision impairment.
Information on what cervical osteochondrosis is, symptoms and treatment at home will help suspect the presence of the disease at an early stage and take independent measures in time to prevent its further development.
Therapy without leaving home
It is impossible to get rid of osteochondrosis if left untreated. Moreover, therapeutic measures in this case will be aimed at not eliminating the clinical signs of the disease such as combating the cause of the disease. Good results can be achieved with an integrated approach to healing, combining the use of medications, physical therapy, massage and alternative treatments.
Folk remedies for cervical osteochondrosis are in addition to traditional treatment, help significantly reduce the patient's condition and are welcomed by most doctors.
All of these methods have a common purpose:
- relieves pain and relieves cramps;
- muscle tissue strengthening;
- normalization of blood flow to the brain;
- and the main task of folk treatment is to warm the affected body area.
At the same time, there are no traditional medicine recipes available that can overcome the accumulation of salt deposits in bone tissue. This must be taken into account to understand that folk remedies are either as a preventive measure or equivalent to medicine, but not as an independent method of therapy.
Healers in the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis use many folk recipes. All based on the use of essential oils, plants, animal fats, roots and poisons. In certain proportions, it is combined with alcohol, vodka or moonshine, turpentine and iodine tiodure, which makes it possible to obtain effective analgesic, anti-inflammatory and heating agents that can be used both externally and internally.
Three groups of drugs for cervical osteochondrosis can be conventionally distinguished, which have been used in folk medicine for centuries - decoctions and infusions, rubbing and compresses. The most popular and available are:
- Salam leaf infusionis a proven traditional medicine preventative medicine. It is necessary to place the main ingredient in the bottom of the pan and pour cold water at the rate of twelve grams of leaves per 0. 3 liters of liquid. Boil for five minutes, then cool and infuse for three hours, then add a rag. Take between meals for four days, then rest for a week and start over.
- Coniferous broth.Pour two hundred and fifty grams of fresh pine or pine needles with one liter of water, boil for half an hour. The resulting broth is enough for three days, as long as it is eaten twice a day, thirty minutes after eating. The course of treatment is one month.
- Decoction of sunflower root- a remedy for salts that form and stagnate in the joints. The main ingredients for this recipe are prepared in the fall, collecting, washing, drying and grinding the plants. Mix one hundred and fifty grams of roots with 2. 7 liters of water, boil for half an hour. The amount of broth produced will be sufficient for use for up to three days. You should drink in large quantities thirty minutes after eating. The duration of the course is one month.
In a few days, will personally be able to evaluate the effectiveness of the broth - with the color of urine. If the color has turned orange, this means that the salt removal process has begun. During the course of the course, the color of the urine will gradually become lighter.
- Red pepper:cut into finely chopped peas, add 0. 2 liters of sunflower oil, cover tightly and leave in the dark for five days. Rub the resulting composition into the painful area twice a day to warm the body and improve blood circulation.
- Butter and egg ointment:One hundred milliliters of vegetable oil + one chicken egg + twenty grams of flour + one tablespoon of vinegar essence, mix together and leave for two days in a dark place, for a whileremoves the film formed on the surface of the composition. Rub the finished ointment in the evening to the places where the manifestations of pain syndrome are recorded.
- Ginger Ointment:Chop one ginger root + three cloves of garlic + thirty grams of butter mixture, add your favorite essential oil for a pleasant aroma and apply to the affected neck area at night to removepain if necessary.
- Pharmacy:One hundred and fifty milliliters of medical alcohol + five milliliters of iodine + five milliliters of camphor alcohol + five analgin tablets, mix until smooth, rub into painful neck area, carefully avoiding contactwith damaged skin.
- Kerosene:Moisturize cloth to compress in household kerosene liquid, apply to affected area and cover with polyethylene for 2-3 hours. The warming effect of compresses will help relieve pain immediately and relieve cramps.
- Potatoes:Mix raw potatoes with honey in a 1: 1 ratio, place on a cloth and place on the neck area. A three-day course is recommended for treatment.
- Sour cream with comfrey:Place a mixture of 50 grams of sour cream and comfrey on a cloth and place on the sore part for 40 minutes. This course is 10 days.
- Honey:Mix honey and 1: 1 fine salt, place on a cloth made of natural fibers, place on a sore neck, wrap with a scarf. Repeat daily until the patient's condition subsides.
- Horseradish:Dip carrot leaves into boiling water, cool slightly and apply on painful body parts, cover with a warm cloth, repeat five times. The principle of its action is similar to that of treatment with mustard plaster, its sensation is painful and unpleasant. There is a risk of burns.
Keep in mind that some components used in folk recipes for cervical osteochondrosis, are unlikely to be combined with medications! There are drugs that provoke severe allergies or poisoning. As a rule, they contain poisonous fruits or plants.
Therefore, after deciding to complete traditional treatment with the "grandmother" method, you should inform your doctor about this in order to accept individual recommendations and choose a safe set of procedures.
Improving physical education - training for cervical osteochondrosis at home will bring undoubted benefits in the treatment process. It is allowed to use various devices and simulators to enhance the effect of the procedure. Properly selected physical exercise will help to quickly weaken or relieve the patient of excruciating pain, stretching of the ligaments, and relaxing the cervical muscles. Individual recommendations for doing gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosis at home are available from your doctor, but there are also universal training methods. For example, the therapy of cervical osteochondrosis according to Bubnovsky.
Professor Bubnovsky's method is widely used in kinesitherapy for the treatment of many non-surgical diseases and medicines and gives very impressive results.
To solve problems related to the cervical spine, doctors offer a set of simple exercises 20 times for each item:
- Tilt your head up and down alternately.
- Slowly lower your head left and right.
- Round head rotation.
- Lower the head to the position where the chin touches the chest.
- Raise the shoulder up and improve the position for 10 seconds.
- Sit on the floor with knees bent and touch it with your forehead while improving position for 1 minute.
Massage and massage yourself
Massage for cervical osteochondrosis, as an effective method of relaxation, helps relieve muscles, relieve tension and relieve the body from cramps.
For high quality services, you can contact a professional massage therapist, but if you want, you can also find out the secret of self-massage.
Simple - no universal technique, only three rules of massage for yourself:
- Use only fingers to massage the neck.
- Direct movement from center to edge.
- Moving fast and soft rhythm.
Of course, it is impossible to cure osteochondrosis by massaging, but if done properly and regularly, it will help relieve symptoms, improve the well-being and mood of the patient.
A variant of an alternative method of treating cervical osteochondrosis with folk remedies is the use of an applicator. From the eighties of the last century to the present day, this technique has many fans. An applicator is a specially designed tool that presents an object with a needle-like surface. Among patients with cervical osteochondrosis, the most common applicators are Lyapko and Kuznetsov.
Kuznetsov Development is a plastic product in the form of a rug with a sharp knob on the surface. Lying using such a device, the patient undergoes massage and acupuncture therapy in the reflex zone. Lyapko applicator is an improved version, where, in addition to reflex and acupuncture effects, electric-galvanic effects are used because of the metal needles attached to the tubercles. Therapy like this at home allows you to activate blood circulation in troubled areas, accelerate metabolic processes in the body, increase the elimination of toxins, reduce muscle tone, but that alone is not enough for the successful treatment of osteochondrosis.
Treating neck osteochondrosis at home is easy and difficult at the same time. On the one hand, all therapies are available to most people and are relatively easy to repeat. Instead, they require a certain amount of time, patience, self-control and repetition. And whatever the expectations of alternative therapies, keep in mind: if, within a week of the start of treatment with home treatment, the symptoms of osteochondrosis have not disappeared and do not become more pronounced in the manifestation, you must see a doctor so as not to aggravate your already serious condition. health.